Assign groups to roles
Now we must correctly assign the membership groups to roles.
- There are three distinct access levels across the organization: Data Admins, Analysts, and Visual Consumers.
- There are three teams: Marketing, Sales, and Operations.
The following steps demonstrate how to create the necessary user groups in ArcViz. Note that depending on your architecture, this definition may happen at the LDAP layer, with groups visible to Data Visualization.
- On the main navigation bar, click the Gear icon, and select Manage Roles.
- In the Roles interface, click either the name of the role, Marketing Data Admin, or the Edit icon on its role.
- In the Role Detail interface, select the Members tab.
In Groups section, click Edit
The Role Assignment modal window appears.
- Select the groups Data_Admins and Marketing.
- Click Add.
The Groups list now contains Data_Admins and Marketing.
- Select the Require all groups option.
A confirmation message appears briefly.
Repeat the previous steps to assign groups to the rest of the roles, according to the
following information. Remember that you must use the Require all groups
Table 1. Roles and their group assignments Role Name Assigned groups Marketing Data Admin
Marketing Visual Consumer
Sales Data Admin
Sales Visual Consumer
Operations Data Admin
Operations Visual Consumer
After completing these steps, the list of roles shows that the number of groups for each role is now 2 (two):