Here is a representative view of the Jobs Log page, its features, and the actions available to the user. By default, the Jobs interface opens on the Job Log tab, which provides information on all jobs.
Clicking Refresh updates the log information.
Clicking Delete Selected performs a delete on all selected jobs.
Clicking Run Now reruns all selected jobs. See Rerunning jobs.
A sub-menu of the Job Log interface provides an option for filtering job logs, based on their type or status.
Status, which could be Pending, Running, Finished, Error, or Cancelled.
- Job ID on the Job Log tab and the Scheduled Jobs tab is the same. This helps to debug performance issues.
- Log ID
- Name of the job.
- Details, such as threshold information (if any), email recipients, schedule type, and so on.
- Initiated by provides the ID of the user who started the job.
- Start Time gives the timestamp of when a job starts, in local time.
- Total Run Time reports the amount of time the query runs, approximately. Some jobs report a run time of a few seconds, others report a minute or more.
The checkbox on the header row and on each job log entry selects the jobs for bulk deletion or a rerun.
- Clicking Details opens the information module for the job log.
- Clicking Run Now reruns the job. See Rerunning jobs.
- Clicking Cancel is available only on running jobs, and enables the user to cancel them.