What's new in Data Visualization 7.1.2
Cloudera Data Visualization (CDV) 7.1.2 was released on April 28, 2023 introducing the following changes.
New features and improvements in Cloudera Data Visualization 7.1.2
- VIZ-334, VIZ-1963
- Short URLs of a specific sheet, dashboard, and set of parameters can be created when getting the URL for a dashboard or application. These short URLs can be easily shared with collaborators.
- A warning is automatically shown to any users accessing CDV in Internet Explorer. As a reminder, for best results Cloudera recommends using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser. Some features may not function properly with other browsers.
- VIZ-1211, VIZ-1268, VIZ-1617
- Null values can be excluded for all filter types. This ability can be disabled in the 'Basic' filter settings using the 'Permit selection of NULL values' setting.
- Favorited dashboards are now shown on a user’s default homepage.
- Improvements for setting the default homepage for all users, per-user specific dashboards as homepages, and resetting the homepage to default.
- When importing new tables into a data connection, there are now options for immediately creating a dataset or dashboard from the imported table.
- When deleting a data extract, the option to drop the extract's target table from the database is now available.
Fixed issues in Cloudera Data Visualization 7.1.2
- VIZ-980, VIZ-2009
- Bug fixes and improvements for the cviz_rest function.
- VIZ-1735, VIZ-1915, VIZ-1971, VIZ-1981, VIZ-2012, VIZ-2015
- Bug fixes and performance improvements for data extracts.
- Changing the sort priority on a trellised visual now works as expected.
- If a query fails due to a parseexception, the failed query will be displayed in the query logs.
- Improved sorting indicator for tables used in the product.
- Broken image links on two sample dashboards have been updated.
- Wrap column contents settings for table visual now works as expected.
- VIZ-1997, VIZ-1998
- The format editor for the rich text visual and email template builder now works as expected.
- Using the 'Segment' dimension in a visual’s filters shelf now works as expected.
- Fixed a bug where importing visual artifacts containing dataset segments showed a 'Cannot parse segments' error.
- Launching the Explore Visuals modal from the Visual Builder now works as expected.