Workspaces in CDP Data Visualization
CDP Data Visualization uses workspaces to manage both security and workflow of data visualization in enterprise organizations. To organize and share your visuals in in the most effective way, you should be familiar with the different levels of organizing visual artifacts in the system.
When you use CDP Data Visualization you work and save your visuals in a workspace. There are three types of workspaces: private, public, and custom.
When you create a visual, it is automatically saved in your private workspace and can only be accessed by you (and the administrators). In this private workspace, you can also create dashboards, and add visuals and filters to these dashboards.
With appropriate privileges, you can create a custom workspace to allow for collaboration with other users. If you want to share your visuals or dashboards with specific users or a user group, move them to a custom workspace and configure their access rights as needed.
Dashboards and visuals can only exist in one workspace at a time, so if you want to share a visual artifact with other users, move it from your private workspace into a custom workspace or to the public workspace.
- workspace I - PRIVATE
- Only its owner and the administrators have access to this workspace. Additional permissions cannot be applied.
- It contains dashboard 1.
- Dasboard 1 contains two sheets: sheet A and sheet B.
- Sheet A contains a single image called visual a.
- Sheet B contains visual b, visual c, and a filter.
- It contains dashboard 2.
- Dashboard 2 contains a single sheet C, which references visual d.
- workspace II - PUBLIC
- Artifacts in this workspace are visible to any user who has minimal viewing permissions to the relevant dataset.
- It contains dashboard 3.
- Dashboard 3 contains a single sheet D.
- Sheet D contains visual d and references visual e.