Saving a table as a dataset based on the query
CDP Data Visualization enables you to save a query result as its own dataset. This is helpful when working with subsets of data, sections, or building datasets with self-joins.
- Add the necessary fields on the table shelves, and apply functions, for example sort, order, alias, or filters.
In the Create a materialized table or logical view modal
window, fill out these fields:
Enter the Name of the new table. In this example,
- Choose Dataset directly from query for Type.
- Under Create in database, choose an existing database where you want to save the table.
- When creating a dataset as part of this operation, select the Create a new dataset based on new table/view option, and enter the Dataset name.
- Click CREATE.
A success confirmation modal appears, with a link to the new default visual on the new dataset.
- Enter the Name of the new table. In this example,
Click the link to open a new default visual on the new dataset, in Edit