Global search can be used to quickly access certain features without clicking through the corresponding menus.
Global search can be used to quickly create or find assets, and perform certain actions, or to easily search through the documentation.
It can be accassed from the Menu Bar.
Global search supported keywords
The keywords currently supported by global search in CDP Data Visualization.
- Create app or Create application
- Creates a new, empty App and opens the App Designer page.
- Create dashboard
- Creates a new, empty Dashboard and opens the Dashboard Designer page.
- Create data connection or Create connection
- Opens the Data page and the Create New Data Connection modal.
- Create dataset
- Opens the New dataset modal from the last viewed data connection.
Opens the SQL page.
- Find data or Find dataset
- Opens the data page and inputs remaining text as search input.
- Find app or Find application
- Opens the visuals page, Apps tab selected, and input remaining text as search input.
- Find dashboard
- Opens the visuals page, Dashboards tab selected, and inputs remaining text as search input.
Everything not listed becomes a search term to be used for searching through the documentation. The search opens in a seperate window. For and about keywords are removed from the beggining if included.