The following steps demonstrate how to create a new event in the dataset by cloning an existing one. You can use the event Start that was set up in Creating Events.
- On the main navigation bar, click DATA.
- Select Campaign dataset. Dataset side navigation appears, open at Dataset Detail view.
- In the side navigation menu, click Events.
In the Events list, find the event to clone, and click
In this example, we are cloning Start.
A populated Add Event modal window appears.
In the Add Event modal window, update the following
- Change Event Name from Copy of Start to End.
- Under Filters, click the filter expression text box that
name='$session_started', to open a Filter Expression modal window and edit the expression.
In the Filter Expression modal window, enter the following
- [Optional] Click Validate Expression to test the expression.
Click Apply to save the new filter expression and return to the
Add Event modal window.
In the Add Event window modal, notice that the Filters field contains the
The new event definition appears in the Events interface.