You can change the profile of any user or administrator account in .
The following steps demonstrate how to change the username and permissions for an user account; the process is the same for changing the administrative account.
- On the main navigation bar, click the Gear icon.
In the drop-down menu, click Users & Groups.
The Manage Users & Groups interface appears, open on the Users tab.
In the list of registered users, do one of the following:
The Edit User modal window appears.
- Click Username, click User1.
- Click the icon, Pencil icon, that corresponds to that account.
In the Edit User modal window, change the following:
- Under Username, change the name from User1 to saralee.
- Under Permissions, click Admin user to change the permissions from a normal user to an admin user.
Click Save. The Manage Users & Groups
page appears. Note that the username of User1 is changed to saralee and this
user now has Admin permissions.
[Optional] The Technical User Name option in the New User
and Edit User window modals enables the system administrator to
specify or edit an alternate name for connection access when using impersonation.
Normally, connection access with enabled impersonation delivers the username to the data source. When using this new
mode and configuring the users with a proxy
username, the data source receives this proxy username instead. To enable this feature,
set the python parameter